Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Chocolate Fruit and Nut Balls

I am going to add a couple of sweet things now that I really enjoyed making (and more importantly eating!).

The first is a recipe that I took from the official Thermomix forum and changed a little to suit my family.  These are a great no guilt treat when you feel like having something sweet.


You will need:

120 grams mixed nuts (I used almond and cashew)
50 g of seseme seeds
70 grams pitted dates
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon honey
40 grams desicated coconut plus extra for rolling them in (I used the coconut flour from my previous blog here http://inspiredcookingdaily.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/making-coconut-flour-and-coconut-butter.html)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/4 or 1/2 MC of water (add small amounts at a time until the desired consistency is reached)

All you need to do is add all the ingredients to the TM bowl and blend for 5 seconds on speed 6.   While the blades are running, add water until a sticky consistency is reached.  Use a teaspoon to scoop some mixture and roll into a ball and cover in the extra coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment